Provides an exceptionally hard, durable surface and can withstand prolonged exposure to moisture.
- Perfect for use in interior applications such as kitchen counters and as an underlayment for ceramic tiles.
- Highly moisture-resistant, will not rot, disintegrate or swell when exposed to water.
- The 1/4-in thickness eliminates the need to modify adjacent thresholds when abutting to carpet, wood floors.
PermaBASE UltraBacker™ Cement Board features a smooth mesh and mat surface that creates a more rigid and easier-to-handle product and an improved surface providing a superior tile bond. It is ideally suited as an underlayment for ceramic tile on floors, countertops, tub decks, and outdoor kitchen counters.
- Features lowest water-absorption rating of <8% (ASTM C473).
- Stays intact when exposed to water; will not rot, disintegrate or swell.
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Resists impact and remains dimensionally stable.
- Holds up to toughest conditions.
- Can be applied over new or existing countertops or as flooring underlayment.
- Pre-manufactured panels save you time.